Part 2: Social Media
A good social media strategy is the quickest way to get some traffic moving to your site. Social media marketing that is done right produces some of the best and cheapest results when it comes to driving traffic to your site.
Think about it: Social media platforms are visited habitually by their members. In fact, if you’re not on social media you’re missing out. Here are a few reasons why:
- Your competition is already online.
- You’ll save money on your marketing strategy.
- It’s the quickest way to expand your brand awareness.
The past few years have established that social media is not a fad, and will be present in marketing for a very, very long time.
Your cousin will be checking her Facebook longer than Link has been searching for Zelda.
Why Social Media Drives Web Traffic
- Increased Brand Authority The more you interact with users, the more other users who may not be participating with you directly are able to gain faith in your company. This shows who you are to potential customers and interests them in joining your audience. Additionally, you can link tons of content and exclusive offers to your social media presence, and connect users who may not have found your company otherwise directly to your brand. The more people that start talking about you, the higher your credibility skyrockets and the more people you reach. If you can manage to get interaction from top-brands, your reach will be massive!
- Improved Brand Loyalty Another awesome aspect of having a social media presence is that you can interact with your customers directly. You can answer questions they may have about your products or service and inform them of the latest offers. Simply seeing your page often enough will put your company at the forefront of their minds (Hint: That will add to your brand awareness). A recent study by Convince&Convert found that “53% of Americans who follow your brands in social media are more loyal to those brands.”
- Higher Conversion Rates on Web Traffic The most significant factor in why social media raises conversion rates is the fact that it humanizes your brand. You’re able to act more like a human being which makes your customers feel like they’re doing business with a person, not a machine.
Driving traffic is a task you’ll never rid yourself from, but using social media makes it a lot easier. Not only can reach your potential customers but with that special human touch, they’ll actually want to share your products or services to their friends. Remember, you can link all of your content to social media and drive traffic to every part of your site.
Still can’t see it? Click here to download your FREE copy of the Grand Slam Traffic Plan
Recommended Reading: The Tri-Force of Traffic Part 3: Blog About It